From:
Tadeusz Drzazgowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:53:39 +0100
I am the new one on the list.  My name is Tadeusz Drzazgowski (call me
simply Ted) and I come from Poland.  I adore listening especially J.S.
Bach and W.A. Mozart works.  But as you know we Poles have our great
composer F. Chopin.  I wonder which works of him do you like to listen to.
I started to collect his works so please do advice me which are the best in
your opinion and which performances.  Thank you for help.

Finally the main subject.

Do you know that we have the newest edition of Mieczyslaw Karlowicz
symphonic poems.  This edition consists of two CD's which contain following
works:

Symphonic Poem #1 "Returning Waves"       Op. 9
Symphonic Poem #2 "Eternal Songs"         Op. 10
Symphonic Poem #3 "Lithuanian Rhapsody"   Op. 11
Symphonic Poem #4 "S. & A. Oswiecimowie"  Op. 12
Symphonic Poem #5 "The Sorrowful Tale"    Op. 13
Symphonic Poem #6 "An Masquerade Episode" Op. 14

Warsaw Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Jacek KASPRZYK

I recommend them to all of you.  Maybe some of you know what I mean.  I
wait for opinions about this composer.

Let me know whether you are interested in this kind of music.  At the
moment I do not know what is the price of this edition and how to order
it from the other countries.  Anyway I will try to help all of you who
is interested.

Sorry for my awful English

Best greetings

Ted