Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 19:38:36 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (34 lines)
Just to help prolong the semi-off topic discussion.

I consider that it is impossible for beekeepers to predict what is going to happen in their particular area, region or
country that would enable practical strategies to be put in place.

Whilst it appears that the "status quo" that never existed when relating to climate and its consequences is on the move
again, how will I be able to predict which new hive model to use.

Do I move south, north, up or down? - or emigrate again.

When will it be possible to get pollen from Chestnuts in Manitoba? If that does become possible, flowering dates will
take time to establish. This especially becoming a fraut task if the date keep changing.

Mentioning that word - what about dates? Do they produce a honey crop - and if that is the case, when will I be able to
label up such a pot without fear of being prosecuted under the fraudulent labeling policy of Canada as
"Canada number 1".

I suggest that as an extended group, we note changes based on the periodicity of events critical to a successful
apicultural year. Adjust as need be.

Hopefully any climatic changes in the next 20, 40, 100 years from what is considered as normal at the present will occur
at a gradual rate. If we take note, then we should be able to accommodate.

AHB in Alaska should arrive at a pace allowing the authorities to put relative regulations into place.
To help in this potential predicament, just read up on how the Canadians dealt with the problem a few decades earlier.

Rather chilly here at the present - standing at -14 degrees Celsius with -21 degrees when the sun is out.

Peter

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/BEE-L for rules, FAQ and  other info ---
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ATOM RSS1 RSS2