HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
James Robertson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 11:46:47 +22305931
Although the outback is not the upper midwest, the discussion of barbed wire
in Graham Connor's survey of Historical Archaeology in Australia __'The hut
that I builded'...__ (Cambridge University Press, c. 1988), might well be
useful.  In contrast to these various catalogues of barbed wire types that
have been suggested so far, Connor's section on barbed wire is part of a
wider discussion of approaches to the archaeology of the outback.

        It is a fun book, I hope that it will help.

James Robertson,
History,
Beloit College,
700 College Street,