HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:41:07 -0500
II's not me I worry about it's the Adirondack Park Agency, the DEC
(understaffed dept. of environmental conservation) the NY State Office
of Parks and Recreation and Historic Preservation (our SHPO) the
waters agency that also has jurisdiction of land-use anywhere near the
"Scenic Rivers" of New York and the local historians, administrators,
Dr. Lamb who helped design the recent development assessment on file
in the Town of Johnsburg's offices in the hamlet of North River, NY.
Then there's you guys...and the Federal 106, does it cover the
slaughterhouse (noted Republican in the State run/owned) that fed the
hotels and sanatoriums of the Adirondacks, brought up by horse even
into the 1920's when the stagecoach stopped running from North Creek,
NY and the horse teams stopped bringing down the "titaniferous
magnetite" from the former McIntyre Iron mine and forge of the 1830's
show by a native American, once the town there to have been named for
him, never happened.

George Myers