From:
Karl Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:15:26 -0500
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>I learned this at my local rock/pop/techno/dance/metal CD store from a
>girl dressed in black and I hope I can explain it.  Open slightly the
>bottom half of the case, then separate the connection at the hinge of
>the disc.  Both halves will be separate, connected by the tape.  Taking
>one of the halves of the case, slowly peel the tape from the other half.
>When this is done, all you have to do is peel the tape from the first
>half.  I can usually do it so that the tape is not ripped.

And when all else fails, I use an adhesive remover...which will, if
left too long on the plastic, interact with the plastic causing a cloudy
effect.  [Not Goo-Gone.  Highly recommended.  Even somewhat paper friendly.
-Dave]

Karl (who does not have that sort of tape placed on the releases on his
label)...and speaking of my label...a plug...

Sent to press yesterday two more releases:

Welte Mignon transfers of the playing of Teresa Carreno.  These were
amongst the earliest Welte rolls, dating from 1904-5.  It was the first
time, as far as I can tell, the Beethoven Waldstein and other works on
the disc were recorded.  To put Carreno in historic perspective, as a
child she played for Lincoln at the White House.

Second release features the National Orchestral Association in music of
Lopatnikoff: His Violin Concerto w.  Joseph Fuchs, violin and the Third
Symphony.

Karl