From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:21:42 +0000
Just today, MusicWeb has listed the Discs of the Year 2003 from its
stable of reviewers; I'm the black stallion.  Anyone browsing through
the list will see what a great year 2003 was for classical recordings.
Also, I was personally struck by how few duplications there are from the
different reviewers.

For what it's worth, my three picks were Andras Schiff's ECM recording
of Bach's Goldberg Variations, Cecile Licad's Naxos disc of Gottschalk
solo piano music, and Volume 31 of Hyperion's Romantic Piano Series
featuring the piano concertos of Fuchs and Kiel.  A few years ago I never
would have thought that I'd be enjoying any romantic era music at all.
Now, about 1/3 of my listening time focuses on this time period.  There's
no telling what the future holds in store for us - I love these trite
comments.

Don Satz