HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cami McCraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:01:04 -0500
> Digging Deep for Proof of an Ancient Jewish Capital
> By STEVEN ERLANGER
>
> JERUSALEM, Aug. 4 - An Israeli archaeologist says she has
> uncovered
> in East Jerusalem what may be the fabled palace of the biblical
> King David.

***Dear HISTARCH Group,
  I've been reading about this on several lists over the weekend. The
pottery from the dig is said to be from Iron Age I.
  We ran this by the NC discussion list, and the reply was that it is too
late for the David Rohl model (for either David or Solomon), as he looks for
them in the Bronze Age. However, the pottery would fit with the Peter James'
CoD model (at least for Solomon). It was also felt that it is very early- so
it will be interesting to see what all unfolds!
  David does cover quite a bit re: David & Solomon in the new DVDs. (Some of
you may remember David's first 3-part series "Pharaohs & Kings: A Test of
Time" ~ which aired on The History Channel,  Discovery Channel, A & E, &
Learning Channel.) ~  So far no plans for the latest DVD to be televised,
but it is available at:
http://tinyurl.com/9h5y2
(Those who don't like ordering on-line may contact me personally.)
  Even if you don't subscribe to NC theories, the 200+ private slide
collection of various archaeolgical sites & digs in both Egypt and
The Holy Land are a great primary resource ~ and this is the *only* time
they have ever been scanned and used in a program!
  Anyway, it will be interesting to see where this "David's Palace"
news takes us!
  Thanks everyone,
  Cami
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NewChronology/