HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Michelle St Clair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:36:57 -0700
I am a graduate student at the College of William and Mary and I am
currently wrapping up my MA thesis on the zooarchaeological analysis of
material from the courtyard and neophyte housing areas of Mission San Juan
Bautista in California.  Although most of my background research is
complete, I am still seeking information regarding recent scholarship or
studies of California missions.  I thought perhaps someone on HISTARCH
might have some suggestions.

I am particularly interested in studies of foodways and comparative faunal
analysis (especially those that compare different areas of the mission,
perhaps indicating specific processing areas).  Also of value are any
enthnographic studies or faunal analyses of contact era or ethnographic
Native American sites, especially studies of the Ohlone.  I would also be
interested in studies from missions outside of California.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I thank you in advance for
your interest and guidance.

Michelle St. Clair
San Francisco, California