HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:13:10 -0400
If it was "squeezing" I thought that was done with a fairly pulpy paper that
you got wet, pressed onto the surface, then let dry (collecting the imprint)
-
Not papier mache, cuz that would stick, but something with the consistency
of cardboard egg cartons, which you could stack -
One of the best examples I know is of some big trilingual inscription on the
side of some mountain in afghanistan or syria that someone spent about 10
years sqeezing back in the 19th century

geoff carver - SUNY buffalo
http://www.thememoryhole.org/911/joint-report/