From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:38:40 -0700
Mitch Friedfeld wrote:

>David Harbin wrote:
>
>>What are your favourite Honneger CDs?
>
>Well, I don't have any.  But I did sing in King David many years ago in
>college, and parts of that have still stuck with me.  Could you briefly
>characterize his various works?

That makes two of us who have sung in King David. Anyone else?

I still recall the dress rehearsal with disbelief: the choral society
dress rehearsals were always the afternoon of the performance.  In those
days (this would have been 1967 or 1968) that meant that the soprano and
alto sections were virtually full, tenor and basses virtualy empty.

As I recall there were just 3 of us male voices present that afternoon.
And for some bizarre reason I'll never understand I volunteered to sing
tenor (I'm a bass) and can still remember the stretch for that ff top G
(I think it was) in competition with the full orchestra.

Shan't be doing that again in a hurry.

Deryk Barker
dbarker @camosun.bc.ca