Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 18:03:03 -0500
From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
I'll start with the standard disclaimer about having no relationship
with Borders except as a customer.

Their store in Tampa FL (but not in Tallahassee, yet) has quite a few
stations where you can scan the barcode on a CD and then listen with
headphones to the beginning of each track.  The samples only last for
maybe less than a minute, but at least it gives you some idea about the
music.

I was able to pick up a copy of the new Pierne disc from Hyperion that
is the latest in their Romantic Piano Concerto Series.  For some reason,
they did not stock it here until Dec 9 although a friend in Europe has
had his copy for several weeks.  The Tallahassee store would not let me
reserve a copy since they were only getting one.  That is apparently
their policy with some repertoire, but they usually seem to re-order
some CDs.  I got my Pierne in Tampa and it was the only copy there too.

On the same note (shameless pun), their current (and expired) coupons
are available at:

http://www.xpbargains.com/st_deals.php/Borders_deals.htm

The latest coupon was for 15% off, but did not apply to gift certificates.
Too bad, since I would have given one to myself for Christmas!

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/ALKAN/