Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:07:37 -0800
From:
Kevin Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Martin Anderson wrote:

>As a reviewer for Fanfare for a decade or so now, I can state
>categorically that the editor, Joel Flegler, has never once in
>that time tried to influence any recording I have reviewed.

I think perhaps I would have been more accurate to say that the outcome
of a review is not affected by the presence of advertising.  Rather it
is the presence of a review at all.  Granted, there are likely to be
instances of cds getting coverage by Fanfare if there is no ad in the
magazine, but this seems to be very rare.  At least ARG reviews nearly
everything sent.  There are lots of small, struggling labels who might
be able to later afford Fanfare's ad prices if they sold some cds from
a Fanfare review.  Under the present system, I don't see this happening.

Kevin