HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 04:21:26 -0400
My best find in circulation was a 1890s vintage dime in an apple machine in
junior high school in 1960. Out in the field, the oldest surface find was a
1943 half dollar, quarter, and some dimes along with two spent shotgun shells. I
interretted this find to represent one excited hunter who whipped out two new
shotgun loads and a pocket full of change in the heat of the hunt. The oldest
coin I exposed was an 18th century 1 reale from the floor of a room near the
chapel of the 1769-1835 Royal Presidio de San Diego.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.