ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:03:27 -0700

RE: Carpet Tiles

Actually this is very good advice.  I had forgotten, but around
10 years ago I got 50,000 sq.ft. of carpet tiles donated from
a building that was being renovated down town.  Even though
there were some tiles we had to throw out due to stains, etc.
they were a great find... they also had a thick rubber back so
were very comfortable to stand on.

Contact some of the large remodeling contractors and/or
carpet installers.  They are often responsible for taking these
out before remodeling and it saves the dump fees if you take
them.  You will have to spend a couple of $$ a sq.yd. to have
them reinstalled, but they have a long life.

Dave Taylor