HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 13:18:38 EDT
Meli,

I think most folks involved in this discussion feel your question is
relevant and of interest. My great grandparents were the immigrants, mostly from
Denmark, and no one is around to ask about poultry eating habits. My
grandparents are gone too, although my maternal grandmother of English and  Scotts-Irish
descent kept chickens and her husband, my grandfather, was a meat  cutter.
This leads me to believe they consumed chicken. However, more relevant  to you is
the data my crew gathered at the Ballast Point Whaling Station and  Chinese
fishing camp. Unfortunately, I am not there until Saturday. I do know  both
groups consumed wild birds, as well as domesticated.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.