HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:31:37 -0700
Cathy -

What do you think they would they have arrested me for if I was at Harpers

Ferry digging up bullets and buttons, or pots at Mesa Verde?

ARPA, I am sure, and the LE types would have had me on the hood in no time

flat.

And all those guys would have been accomplices, co-conspirators, or

whatever. I don't think the Nuremburg Defense would work here, either.

No, David and I are not related.  BUT !  He owes me an NPS job BIG TIME for

the use of the family name!  ;o)

Cheerio!

Carl B.

             Catherine Spude

             Sent by:                  [log in to unmask]

             HISTORICAL                                                 cc

             ARCHAEOLOGY

             <[log in to unmask]                                     Subject

             >                         Re: ‘Arrogance’ ‘Illegal’ Diging

                                       Is   Charged At Harpers Ferry P ark

             10/27/2006 10:46

             AM

             Please respond to

                HISTORICAL

                ARCHAEOLOGY

Carl:

I believe NPS spokesman David Barna (any relation?) said solicitors from

Interior were working with Justice to figure out whether to bring criminal

charges as well as civil charges gains the developers.

Sounds to me like folks are putting their heads together to figure out how

to throw the books at these creeps.

If a ranger had arrested the guy driving the bulldozer, what would he have

arrested him for? ARPA violation? Destroying government property? We all

know it wasn't the equipment operator who was the criminal here. Or the

construction supervisor. Give NPS a break. Let them figure out who to

prosecute and what suite of crimes to charge them with.

Cathy

Catherine H. Spude, PhD

Retired NPS