HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gaye Nayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:46:31 +0800
Patrice

Thats what I thought.

I had to do a job at Point King Lighthouse which should be just what you are
looking for.

The place has a conservation plan and had been awarded a conservation grant
to carry out works but the Town of Albany and its contractors ignored the CP
and did things their own way including not employing an archaeologist to
monitor. I had to go in afterwards and compere the builders 'saved finds' to
the artifacts they threw out and then determine how much information had
been lost as a result of not following the CP.

Gaye