HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol McDavid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 13:15:48 -0500
For African American yard art, Grey Gundaker's work is a great source.

Edited volume:
1998a Keep your head to the sky: Interpreting African American Home Ground.
University of Virginai Press, Charlottesville.

Individual book:
1998b Signs of Diaspora: Diaspora of Signs: Literacies, Creolization, and
Vernacular Practice in African America. Oxford University Press, New York,
Oxford.
In fact my guess is that these are two of the citations that Whitney is
referring to.