HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2006 10:20:54 -0500
Hi Folks,

First, this is a reminder that the Midwest Archaeological Conference
will be held this year in beautiful downtown Champaign-Urbana,
Illinois on the 12-15 October 2006.  Please check out the website for
more details.

http://www.midwestarchaeology.org/

Second, as a member of one of the sponsoring agencies, I am hoping
that Historical Archaeology will be well represented at this meeting.
Therefore, I am sending out an informal advance invitation to
HISTARCH members to take advantage of this opportunity.  I do not
believe that a formal call for papers has been issued yet by the
organizing committee, but the website should eventually provide
appropriate links.

Finally, several months ago I sent out a prospectus to see if there
was any interest in an SHA session regarding 19th century
rural/agricultural/small town settlement in the Midwest and adjacent
areas.  It was a pretty open topic and remains so ...  Since we are
now closer to submission deadlines, I would be very interested in
hearing from any of you that might want to put your paper into at
least a moderately thematic/regional session.  Very open to
suggestions, topics, etc.  Would also like to hear back from folks
who contacted me initially.

Please contact me directly at  "[log in to unmask]".   Thanks in advance.

--

Mark C. Branstner

Illinois Transportation
Archaeological Research Program
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"There is also an artificial aristocracy founded on wealth and birth,
without either virtue or talents ... The artificial aristocracy is a
mischievous ingredient in government, and provisions should be made to
prevent its ascendancy."

- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)