HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 11:08:42 -0800
Friends and colleagues: The life of an archaeologist can be rather routine,
especially for your typical field technician, aka "shovel bum."  For that
downtrodden class, we now have a new hero, T-Bone, whom we introduce in The
Shovel Bum's Lot, the latest video feature on our nonprofit streaming-media
Web site, The Archaeology Channel (http://www.archaeologychannel.org).

If you ever wanted to know what an archaeologist's life really is like, you
can get the inside scoop in a special adaptation of the Shovel Bum zine.  In
1997, Trent and Betsy de Boer tired of endlessly explaining what they did as
cultural resource management (CRM) field archaeologists.  They decided to
produce a comic strip portraying the "shovel bum lifestyle."  Now follow
T-Bone and friends in living color (and Trent's real voice) as they trudge
through the wilds of Arkansas in this charming video by the University of
New Mexico's Troy Lovata.

This and other programs are available on TAC for your use and enjoyment.  We
urge you to support this public service by participating in our Membership
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/member.html) and Underwriting
(http://www.archaeologychannel.org/sponsor.shtml) programs.  Only with your
help can we continue and enhance this nonprofit public-education and
visitor-supported service.  We also welcome new content partners as we reach
out to the world community.

Please forward this message to others who may be interested and let us know
if you wish to be removed from our mailing list.

Richard M. Pettigrew, Ph.D., RPA
President and Executive Director
Archaeological Legacy Institute
http://www.archaeologychannel.org