HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"George L. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:33:38 -0400
      Recently I had the good fortune to acquire a number of English glass

patents that date from ca 1885 to 1904.  These include patents from

England, Germany, France, and the United States.  One of the 1904 patents

has a nicely detailed profile drawing of the Owens Bottle Machine Company’s

furnace that was developed to work with the Owens automatic bottle-blowing

machine.  This furnace featured a revolving circular pan from which the

Owens machine sucked glass into the blank molds.  I have done a scan of

that drawing and colored in some of the components of the furnace.  If you

would like to have a copy of this scan contact me off line.

Peace,

George L. Miller

URS Corporation

437 High Street

Burlington, New Jersey 08016

 This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you receive this

message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain,

distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy

the e-mail and any attachments or copies.