HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 17:06:59 +0100
*My attempts to bring you news of new European books seem to be
appreciated so here are three:

*For finds people he long awaited volume 2 of _Nonsuch Palace: The
Finds_ edited by Martin Biddle is now out - published by Oxbow (David
Brown in UK) as is Geoff Egan's, Material culture in London in an age of
transition: Tudor and Stuart period finds /c/ 1450–/c/ 1700_-published
by Museum of London.

Finally _Town and Country in the Middle Ages: Contrasts, Contacts and
Interconnections, 1100-1500_
edited by Kate Giles and Christopher Dyer. Maneys. 2005
I must admit I have a chapter in this book on feudalism and Welsh towns
and it is a bit early for many historical archaeologists but I think the
conference volume it is a really excellent guide to current approaches
to medieval archaeology in the UK

paul courtney
Leicester
UK