HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:36:42 -0700
Bunny & Lurkers,

        I agree as far as you go, but I think that artifacts in general and bottles in
particular have numerous uses for us.  One of those (with which I am most initmately
conerned at present) is their utility in dating sites and occupations.  The technical
aspects involved are generally necessary as a stage to understanding behavior.

        I see my position as a bottle researcher as a provider of tools and (hopefully)
a creator of techniques to help those of you who interests lie in the broader questions
assess you goals.  My point is that I can better provide tools (in this case, tighter
dating via manufacturer's marks and various numeric codes) if I can receive more
comprehensive data.  Each process can thus feed the other.  We need people
working at all levels and according to different paradigms.

Bill