HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:37:46 +1100
From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks to my steamed colleague Mr Gojak for his lists of papers (saved me hunting down the references) - Joe Powell wrote quite a bit about the utopian settlements and being a historical geographer he brings a good perspective on the topic.

I was also wondering whether Aboriginal mission settlements particularly the religious ones might also fit the bill as utopian?

There is also Meaghan Russell's work on the New Norcia monastery in Western Australia again another utopian community.

Hope this helps

Iain Stuart