HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:22:26 -0700
From:
Thomas Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Hannah,
Elise Wheeler has recently been excavating campground features of the CCCs
at Morro Bay SP. They have identified earlier picnic tables inset into a
stonewalled embankment fronting the parking lot and park boat launch.
Monitoring of campground renovation has yielded several stone and concrete
features as well. There is also some film of the construction of aspect of
this campground that is in the possession of Pete Schulz at the State Parks
Archaeology Lab, in West Sacramento.

As an aside, Big Basin SP has the daily logs for the CCCs during
construction of that park. It contains some interesting information on
daily life of the CCCS.

Hope this helps,

Tom