HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:46:02 EDT

In a message dated 8/1/2007 8:05:13 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Hi  there,

You might want to talk to Daves Rossell at the
Savannah  College of Art and Design. As part of the
Vernacular Architecture Forum  2007 conference held in
Savannah, he organized a trip to a thriving  fishing
camp on the Georgia coast called Shellman Bluff (it
was really  fascinating!). He wrote a small article to
accompany the trip, including  plans of three of the
houses, which I could forward to you if you  would
like.

Best,
Jane

There was also a book by Rusty Fleetwood called "Tidecraft" which deals  with
Ga /  SC fishing boats and by extension communities. I loaned mine out  some
time ago (never returned) so I can't give you the publisher's name. Its out
of print I think, but you might find a used copy...

Carl Steen