HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 10:15:29 -0400
Hi all -

I have found a "whiteware" saucer with a printed makers mark on the inside
of the vessel. This is in the usual place on the base, but inside. This is an
Alfred Meakins mark from the early 20th century. I was wondering if this
might be an exhibit / store display item? Has anyone seen marks on the  inside
before? I'd be happy to send a photo...

thanks, Carl Steen