HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
kristin munro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kristin munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:23:54 -0500
It is probably going to be difficult to find out information on the first
bottle listed because it does not have a manufacturer on it. Could that be
because it had a label applied? I recommend trying the following books.
 Fike, Richard 1987 The Bottle Book: A Comprehensive Guide to Historic,
Embossed Medicine Bottles. Salt Lake City: Gibbs M Smith, INC.
 Wilson, Bill 1971 19th Century Medicine in Glass. Amador City, CA: 19th
century Honny & Publishing Co.
 These are what I used to find most of my bottle information for my thesis.
I also just did Google searches to find bottle info. Some of the 19th
century companies are still around today and have websites.
Hope they help!
 Kristin