HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Cami McCraw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 May 2005 20:48:11 -0500
Dear HISTARCH group,
  One of our most recently released video projects may interest some of you.
Listmembers (from various lists) always talk about attending the different
seminars held by Egyptologists & Archaeologists, but not all of us are able
to go to these events. (And, most of these events are not videotaped!) So
last year, we decided to change this. We loaded up our equipment, and flew
to Florida & videotaped David Rohl's study day, and then turned this in to a
2-disc DVD set, complete with menu screens, etc. (Based in the UK, this was
David's first USA seminar.)
  If you enjoyed David's "Pharaohs & Kings" book and 3-hour series
seen on A & E, The Learning Channel, The Travel Channel, & The
Discovery Channel in the mid-90s, then you will also like these DVDs. (A
second presentation, - "In Search of Eden" - was also broadcast on these
same stations, premiering in April 2002.)
  Here is the Tiny URL which tells you more about the DVDs:
http://tinyurl.com/4gnma
  "Tiny URLs" are not suppose to expire, but if you do have any
problems, you can also navigate to it from the NewChronology mainpage:
  This is a wonderful new resource, as in addition to the lectures, the DVDs
contain alot of David Rohl's private slide collection from many very
important excavation sites ~ and these slides have only
been seen if you have been to David's lectures. But now, for the
first time, these slides have been scanned and are available as part
of the lecture series, on DVD.
  Even if you don't subscribe to all (or any!) of the New Chronology
theories, having a chance to view these excavation & archaeology
slides could be very important to you as students, teachers, &
hobbyists.
Thanks everyone,
Cami