HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
kristin munro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kristin munro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:46:03 -0500
I have just recently started to take a course in GIS and started
thinking along those lines to find places to locate your air photos. I
did some minimal research (google search) to find the following
websites:

First off here's a basic what is GIS website incase you aren't familar.
http://www.gis.com/

This one you'll have to go through the bookmarks listed under Mexico
to see if any will suit your needs (sorry don't have time to check
myself)
http://www-sul.stanford.edu/depts/gis/bookmark.htm

Or you can try this GIS message board
http://spatialnews.geocomm.com/community/

Other than that all I could suggest would be to get into contact with
an archivist in the area you're looking at. Though I know nothing
about Mexico and I'm not sure they have them and you stated you don't
know much spanish. Or (last option) you can contact your local
archivist as a starting point.

That's all I can come up with. Sorry, hope it helps. Let me know if
you need anymore information on GIS and I'll try to point you in the
right direction.

Kristin Munro

Anthropology Major SUNY Brockport