From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 13:43:22 -0700
Back in the good ol' days when the major CD labels cared about classical
music, had coherent marketing plans, and maintained large catalogs of
serious music, but before there were places like Amazon and ArkivMusic,
the labels issued comprehensive print catalogs every year or two.  Many
of the independent labels and distributors have great websites, of course,
but the majors still - bizarrely, inexplicitly - pretty much suck in
this regard.

In any case, I used to collect these print catalogs.  I have a large
number of them that are available to anyone who would like them for just
the cost of the shipping.  They date from about 1989 to about 1997 and
include large, full-color catalogs from DG, Philips, EMI, RCA, London,
as well as often slickly done catalogs from Dynamic, Chandos, BIS, Vox,
Hungaroton, Bridge, Channel Classics, Kontrapunkt, Supraphon, Wergo,
ECM, Nimbus, Intaglio, Hyperion, Tudor, MD&G, Ondine, Da Capo, CPO,
Berlin Classics, Sony, Teldec/Erato, Accent, Cedille, Auvidis, Denon,
Harmonia Mundi, Arkadia, Opus 111, Nuovo Era, Ricercar, Astree, Claves,
Conifer, Naxos, Bayer, Pavane, ASV, Marco Polo, Unicorn-Kanchana, Thorofon,
Globe and perhaps a couple of others.  There are distributor catalogs
from Qualiton and Koch, and from publishers Cambridge University Press,
Amadeus Press, Garland, Ave Maria and Dover.

I'd prefer to ship this collection to one person (via 4th class media
mail it won't cost a lot), but will split it up if that's the sort of
interest I get (in which case I'll likely use the more expensive, but
much more convenient for me, UPS ground service I can get at a discount).

First come, first served.  Please respond to me directly with catalog
requests.  These will likely be heading to the recycle bin in a week or
so, so don't dally. :-)

Dave Lampson
http://www.classical.net/