From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 06:48:57 -0400
  With all the talk about using menthol, which never really worked that
well here in the north...just try to get all your honey off the hives by
mid-August...and not have them swarm on the Goldenrod flow...

what ever happened to focusing on resistant bees? TM resistance is too
easily selected for to rely on menthol...in my opinion. I guess if everyone
requeens with southern queens which have never been selected for TM
resistance, then menthol is necessary.

Same old story...all beekeeping is local, and breed from the best.

Mike