HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 22:20:49 -0400
Hi Stacey

I have been working on a site in the Sierra Nevada that may work for your
session but then it might not....

The site was a mineral springs tourist hotel near Lake Tahoe that operated from
the 1880s to 1923. I came up with the guest book from the 1890s, looked up the
home towns for the guests and found out their professions and family status. I
am using this information to look at the formation process of the landscape and
how the hotel operator was able to bring these people from different class
backgrounds together. So far I do not know much about the employees except the
owners of the hotel. The personal artifacts recovered appear to be more guest
related.

If this sound interesting for your session I would be happy to be a part of it.
If so I could put an abstract together this weekend.

thanks for your consideration,

Rick Morris