HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
chris rohe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2005 00:55:46 +0000
Try getting a TRCIA system from the indipendent archaeology group in the UK.
You can purchase one for about 2 grand depending on the going rate of the
British Pound and it does just as well as a Geoscan instrument only you are
limited to a .5m spacing unless you build your own frames. But 2g´s vs.
15g´s it is worth the buy. ´Bob makes them by order so it can take about 4-6
weeks to get. The software is really basic but you can do some simple data
cleaning. I would recommend getting ArcheoSurveyor just google it and you´ll
find it.  A great geophysical software package that is designed for the
TRCIA meter as well as various magnetometers.  This software is also from
the UK and runs about $1000 US. Hope that is useful. Chris Rohe