HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara Hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:18:25 -0600
TxDOT published a two volume set on Freedman's Town and Cemetery a few
years ago. The set costs $45.99 and can be ordered from:

Ms. Lois Young, TxDOT
Records Management
2000-B Centimeters Circle
Austin TX 78758
voice 512-302-0985
fax 512-836-0509

or direct your browser to:
http://www.dot.state.tx.us/GSD/pubs/envpubs.htm

The website has a complete listing of TxDOT publications and an order
form.

Barbara Hickman.

Barbara J Hickman, Staff Archeologist
Archeological Studies Program
Environmental Affairs Division, TxDOT
Telephone: 512.416.2637
Fax: 512.416.2643

>>> [log in to unmask] 16 March, 2004 7:16:19 PM >>>
Does anyone on the list know if a report discussing the material
culture and
mortuary patterning of the Dallas Freedmen's Cemetery has ever been
made
available?  I am also interested in other large archaeological
assemblages
of 19th/early 20th Century African-American cemetery relocations that I
may
not know about.  I already have all the Garrow et al., Rose et al.,
Shogren
et al., Trinkley et al., stuff and some good CRM reports by PanAmerican
and
Maar. Any info appreciated and I'll buy the beer at the next
conference:):):)

Dan Allen
Center for Historic Preservation @
Middle Tennessee State University