Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:46:09 -0500
Despite all the commentary regarding the low audio resolution of current
CD's one fact remains, that is the vast majority of audio playback systems
in use today can not fully reproduce the sound of a well recorded CD,
to the owners of these systems the superior sound of SACD/DVDA is simply
an overkill.  If you look at the big picture, stand alone hi-end audio
systems are slowly and gradually losing ground to video based home theater
systems where the audio fidelity is non issue, it is all that exaggerated
special effects sound that matters and sells.

For SACD to succeed and survive there needs to be a reasonably good size
market, all we can do at this time is to wait and see, only time will
tell.  Personally I am all for SACD, in fact I have already started
buying SACD's even though my system is not yet setup for the new format,
for me this is going to be a sizeable investment.

And, thanks to John Smyth for keeping us informed of the latest in the
world of SACD.

Any good websites with SACD reviews?

Vahe Sahakian
Houston, Texas