ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
patricia verheyden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:09:08 +0200

Valerie,

This is a complex set of questions
I'll try to answer some of them

we offer several programs: shows and different  demonstrations,
the number of  times per day they are performed depends on the type of day
(schoolday versus family day, but also: how many visitors do we expect): a
show of 20 min where people sit in an aula we will do approx 2 times a day,
a demonstration in the exhibition area can be up to 6 times  a day (or more
when it is very busy) (for those visitors are standing)

 topics can be themed upon the moment of the year (eggs around easter) or
around a temporary exhibition, or just a topic we think is interesting and
has a link to our main exhibition

we do both shows in an aula and demos in the exhibition area , the advantage
of on the floor is that people can easily drop it, this is also a
disadvantage, when people sit in a separate space they are more focussed,
and there is not so much interference of visitors interacting with exhibits
close to where a demo is going on

 it our mostly demonstrations where we require assistance of the public, we
try to involve the visitors as much as possible

Patricia

Patricia Verheyden
Manager of exhibits
Technopolis, the Flemish Science Centre
Technologielaan
2800 Mechelen
tel. + 32 15 34 20 20
fax + 32 15 34 20 10
mailto [log in to unmask]
http://www.technopolis.be

De bovenvermelde berichten/tekst en bijlagen verbinden Stichting
F.T.I/Technopolis op geen enkele wijze, tenzij anders werd overeengekomen
bij een schriftelijke overeenkomst of tenzij zij later worden bevestigd bij
een overeenkomstig de wettelijke voorschriften ondertekende brief.  Evenmin
kunnen Stichting F.T.I/Technopolis aansprakelijk worden gesteld op grond van
de inhoud van deze berichten/tekst en bijlagen.