HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Catherine Spude <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:57:03 -0700
Okay, folks, I think I see what's happening.

First off, I apologize for using MSN. Here in Santa Fe, it's the only way for me to get DSL. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

Second, unless someone knows of a free place for me to place an internet site, I'm stuck with my internet provider.

The question in the registration form about your email is so that you can receive the messages about 20th century artifacts from the discussion room . It is my understanding that MSN does not use your email address for other purposes. You can make up any "nickname" you want for public use. Neither I, nor any other observer can see what your email address is.

When I signed up as "Montana Dawn" (a pen name I use for the silly but profitable romance novels I write), MSN told me I had been rejected, but then I immediately got into the restricted section with no trouble. It turns out I had registered anyway. Go figure. MSN is like any huge bureaucracy. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

So the bottom line, if you try again, like anything with the internet, it will probably work the second or third time.

And Kris, don't get your hopes up. The site hasn't been updated. It's just that I've reactivated the site. Sorry. The only thing that's new and improved is the absence of advertising. (Thank God! MSN used to let "dating services" and people who would write term papers for students advertise on MY site!!! Sheesh!! I don't think I ever caught anyone trying to sell a bottle or an artifact, but if I had, boy would they have heard about it!).

Anyone who wants me to put links to their sites, please let me know.

Catherine H. Spude, PhD
7 Avenida Vista Grande #145
Santa Fe, NM 87508
505-466-1476

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire." Jenny Yates and Garth Brooks.