HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:49:55 -0500
"Keeping the past in site"

Mark

The survival  of the world depends upon our sharing what we have and
working together. If  we don't, the whole world will die. First the
planet, and next the  people.
--Fools Crow, Ceremonial Chief of the Teton Sioux

"Never doubt  that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change
the
world;  indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
--Margaret Mead, anthropologist

"I'd rather be ashes than dust. I would rather have my spark burn out in  a
brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor,
every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and persevering planet.
The  proper function of man is to live, not to exist."
-- Jack  London