HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:02:38 +1100
I thought it was worth sending out an email about the forthcoming Sydney Historical Archaeology Workshop on the 25th November [Friday next week] to remind you to register. That's all you have to do, then turn up on the day, pay your small tax-deductible fee, listen and participate. Its not that hard.

Getting registrations in advance is absolutely critical for catering. People who have attended the past two workshops have consistently said that the opportunity to catch up over morning and afternoon tea and the lunch break has been just as valuable as the presentations. If you do not register YOU WILL NOT BE FED and you will miss out on this contact while you run around Newtown looking for a non tax deductible sandwich.

If you are a student or some from outside archaeology pop in and see what we are up to. We are going to have a long session on archaeology in Parramatta which promises to be extremely interesting. We are also having presentations on current projects so you can see what we have been up to.

If you intend to go then please register in the next few days - contact Iain (me)  or Kate at GML [their details below]. It will make a big difference and help a lot.

Some people have asked me why Godden Mackay Logan is sponsoring the workshop. The intention is that the workshops are open to anyone to sponsor and help run. Banksia Heritage did the first one, Australasian Society for Historical Archaeology [ASHA] did the second and Godden Mackay Logan has generously committed staff time and money for this one. Other archaeological firms are considering it in 2006. Everyone is pitching in to help keep this going - you can help by registering and attending. There are still a few spaces available for presentations

yours
Iain
To register to attend, please get in touch with:
Iain Stuart - [log in to unmask] 02 93194811
Kate Hoffman - [log in to unmask]

Iain Stuart
Godden Mackay Logan Pty Ltd - Heritage Consultants
78 George Street, Redfern NSW 2016
Tel: 02 9319 4811  Fax: 02 9319 4383
www.gml.com.au
ABN: 60-001-179-362

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files may be confidential and may contain copyright material of Godden Mackay Logan or third parties.  Any unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail and/or its attachments is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of the message and attachments.  Before opening or using attachments, please check them for viruses or defects.  Our liability is limited to resupplying the e-mail and attached files.  Content and views expressed in this e-mail may be those of the sender, and are not necessarily endorsed by Godden Mackay Logan.