HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 03:35:38 -0400
Well, I have not learned any of the computer programs for documenting
stratigraphy, but I am quite sure that many companies still use graph paper for
feature drawing and stratigraphy. I know I used it throughout my excavations of
the 18th century Spanish cannon battery and 19th century whaling station. I
think we need to multiple document using graph paper, plastic sheets,  Munsell
Color Codes, black & white photography, video, digital and now those  swell
digital scanners that plot all the elevations electronically. I was  thinking of
those machines just the other day when reading the posts of the  European
system of opening broad areas to investigate features.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.