HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Pat Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:42:41 +0100
Dear Colleagues,

We have an opportunity in Surrey (UK) for a student who would like to
work on a World War II mural in an air-raid shelter in a school in
Reigate.  The murals contain images of heroes and heroines.

The work could include helping Surrey County Archaeological Unit to
survey and photographically record the mural, research into the
iconography/ideology of the paintings, and working on the interpretation
and educational use of the site.

Thanks to a grant from the Big Lottery Fund, we have funding available
for a bursary of £1,000 (i.e. a payment to the student's university for
the student's fees - due to English employment law, payment direct to
the student is not possible).

Please note: due to the murals' location, an enhanced CRB check will be
undertaken.

Enquiries / submission of cv and covering letter to Lalage Grundy,
Museum and Lifelong Learning Development Officer, SMCC at
[log in to unmask] (Please note that Lalage is a part-time
worker, so may not get back to you straight away).

With best wishes to all,

Pat

Pat Reynolds
Surrey Museums Development Officer