HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 10:03:03 -0700
Apologies fror cross-posting.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        [laborheritage] Ludlow, Labor Landmarks and Memory
Date:   Fri, 20 May 2005 12:19:30 -0400
From:   Peter Jones <[log in to unmask]>

From:                   "Rees, Jonathan H" <[log in to unmask]>

At 4:30PM on June 4th, Colorado State University - Pueblo will be
sponsoring a forum on "Ludlow, Labor Landmarks and Memory" in Hoag Hall.
Speakers will include:

- Corey Dolgon of the University of Massachusetts - Worcester, who will
be playing labor songs on his guitar.
- Dean Saitta, the University of Denver archeologist who has led a dig
near Ludlow for many years now.
- Holly Syrrakos of the Inventory of American Labor Landmarks.
- James Green of the University of Massachusetts - Boston, President of
the Labor and Working Class History Association.

The forum occurs the Saturday afternoon before the Sunday June 5th
rededication of the Ludlow Massacre monument, 75 miles south of Pueblo.
Our panel will be devoted both to remembering that tragic event and
placing it in the context of the rest of American labor history.  We
hope parties interested in attending the rededication ceremony will
visit Pueblo beforehand.

If you need directions to the campus or if you'd like help arranging a
carpool down to the monument on Sunday morning, just contact me at the
address below.

Jonathan Rees
Associate Professor of History
Colorado State University - Pueblo