HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"K. Kris Hirst" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 07:43:43 -0500
Hello, and I apologize for the cross-listings:

I've been doing quite a bit of updating and adding to my web page at
[log in to unmask], and, if no one objects, I'd like to send a weekly
update on changes and additions. Please complain bitterly to me if this
seems like a crummy idea to you and I will stop.

New Listings on the About Archaeology Website (4/21-27/05):

Brief Biographies:
http://archaeology.about.com/od/biographies/
William Stukeley [1687-1765], Stuart Struever [b. 1931], William Duncan
Strong [1899-1962], David Stronach, Christopher B. Stringer [b. 1947]

New Glossary Items:
http://archaeology.about.com/od/glossary/
Bigo Bya Mugenyi (Uganda), Bibracte (France), Biblical Archaeology, Beth
Alpha Synagogue (Israel), Berry-au-Bac (France), Bercy (France),
Berbers, Structuralism, Bent Pyramid (Egypt), Benin (Nigeria), Bell
Beaker Culture, Belkachi Culture, Stratigraphy, Harris Matrix,
Stonehenge (United Kingdom), Hominin

New Quizzes:
http://archaeology.about.com/od/puzzlesandquizzes/
Poverty Point, The Rosetta Stone

New Listings on the Guide to Graduate Schools:
http://archaeology.about.com/library/univ/blggsa.htm
Brown University Institute for Archaeology in the Ancient World, Brown
University Department of Egyptology, Brown University Department of
Anthropology, University of British Columbia Department of Classical,
Near Eastern and Religious Studies, University of British Columbia
Department of Anthropology and Sociology, Brandeis University,
University of Bradford, Bournemouth University.

Tip of the Year: Get a Popup Blocker!

Thanks for listening,

Kris

K. Kris Hirst
The Wasteflake Project
http://www.wasteflake.com and
Guide for Archaeology @ About.com
http://archaeology.about.com
True science, defined as real gains in knowledge and insight, consists
in figuring out how to ask the right question even if it cannot be
answered. -- Jennifer Hochschild

More Quotes: http://archaeology.about.com/blquoteold.htm