HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Steven De Vore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Apr 2005 15:11:19 -0500
The workshop and equipment fair will be held at the Comfort Inn in

Chillicothe, Ohio.  Sorry for leaviing the location out of the previous

email.

Steve

It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data.

    (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "Scandal in Bohemia")

Steven L. DeVore, Archeologist

National Park Service

Midwest Archeological Center

Federal Building, Room 474

100 Centennial Mall North

Lincoln, NE 68508-3873  USA

Phone: (402) 437-5392, ext. 141

Fax: (402) 437-5098

Email: [log in to unmask]

Website: http://www.cr.nps.gov/mwac/

|         |           Steve De Vore    |

|         |           04/05/2005 01:14 |

|         |           PM CDT           |

  |       To:       [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask],                         |

  |        [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]                                                                           |

  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |

  |       Subject:  National park Service's Geophysical Equipment and Software Fair, May 20th, Chillicothe, Ohio                 |

I would like to post the following information:

National Park Service’s Geophysical Equipment Fair

The National Park Service is offering a geophysical equipment and software

fair as part of its Current Archaeological Prospection Advances for

Non-Destructive Investigations in the 21st Century.  The equipment fair is

open to all interested parties including Federal and State agency

archaeologists, contract archaeologists, university professors and students

in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, and Pennsylvania area.  Manufacturers and

dealers will be showing their latest equipment available for

archaeogeophysical investigations.  Instruments will include cesium and

fluxgate gradiometers, ground penetrating radars, electromagnetic

conductivity meters, resistance and resistivity systems, magnetic

susceptibility systems, metal detectors, and geophysical processing

software.  Companies that plan on participating include Advanced

Geosciences, Bartington Instruments, Dualem, DW Consulting, GEM Advanced

Magnetometers, Geometrics, Geonics Limited, Geophysical Survey Systems Inc,

Geoscan Research, LRS Scintrex, and MALÅ GeoScience.  The fair will start

at 9:00 am and end at 4:00 pm on Friday, May 20th at the Comfort Inn.

Don’t miss out on this great opportunity.

For further information, please contact Steven L. DeVore, Archeologist,

National Park Service, Midwest Archeological Center, Federal Building, Room

474, 100 Centennial Mall North, Lincoln, Nebraska 68508-3873: tel: (402)