HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 14:41:12 -0500
No guru I (nor proletarian, I think, Maurice Merleau-Ponty had an
article titled both) have been on sites where the separation of glass
by UV light was into "lead glass" "non-lead glass" the clear glass
with lead that which fluoresces. I was also on the William Floyd
Manor, part of the barrier dune islands of Fire Island National
Seashore (F.I.N.S.) and overheard that older lead glass will fluoresce
yellow(?) under either high or low wave UV, which I don't recall. It
was Dana Linck with the National Parks Service, who I heard tell it,
they were looking over some of the pieces at the "Declaration of
Independence" signer's exhibit in the house where we were doing some
excavations prior to improvements to permit the public safe access.
Perhaps if he is on this list he may respond. I would still like to
know what the blazes a "Wm Lloyd" bottle seal (he a well to do and
well known then Tory and hostage negotiator) was doing in William
Floyd's garden perhaps

George Myers