HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:47:43 -0700
"Ground Zero" - I am still in a mild state of shock from the aircrash events
of September and November 2001 here in NYC, working for a company once in
the archaeology of Fort Drum, NY in the World Trade Center and at the time
for Panamerican Consultants in historic Bridgewater, NJ and Picatinney
Arsenal. I hope offense was not taken in this reference, speculation as to
the November 2001 crash of mostly Dominican-Americans, widely, to perhaps
have been the fault of following to closely behind the JAL (Japanese
airline) taking off in front of it. We were working next to a model airplane
field in a local drought next to the Raritan River. This definition online
for "ground zero" appears unbiased and pretty accurate:

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-gro3.htm

"World Wide Words is copyright © Michael Quinion, 1996–2005.
All rights reserved. Contact the author for reproduction requests.
Comments and feedback are always welcome.
Page created 24 November 2001."