HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Annita Waghorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:39:33 -0800
Hi all,

The Anthropological Studies Center at Sonoma State, CA has recently
developed an interpretive Web site for children that details an historical
archaeological excavation in Stockton, CA. The Web site is at
http://www.stocktongov.com/discoverstockton/index.cfm. The site is aimed at
the Grade 3 level.

Part of the Web site looks at Chinese heritage since the project involved
the excavation of a Chinese laundry. Look at the Web site sections "City
Beneath Your Feet" and "What we Found" for the discussions, games and
activities dealing with Chinese-American heritage and archaeology.

Annita Waghorn
Anthropological Studies Center
Sonoma State University