HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Nutt (Contractor), Stephanie MRS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 08:57:42 -0600
Karen,
We recently developed a significance assessment system using a cultural
landscape approach for historic sites at Fort Leonard Wood, an army
installation in Missouri.  Our historic sites date from the mid-19th century
to ca. 1940, when the army acquired the property.  Our team included an
historical archaeologist, a cultural geographer, and two landscape
architects.  (And, by the way, Carl Sauer was definitely not overlooked in
our research).  If you want more information about the project or want a
copy of the report let me know and I'll be happy to send it to you.
Stephanie

Stephanie L. Nutt
Historical Archaeologist
Center for Environmental Management of Military Lands
Fort Leonard Wood Natural Resources Branch
(573) 596-0131 ext. 67606