HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:01:05 -0700
I am proud to announce a new website composed by my friend and fellow
researcher, Bill Lindsey.  Bill has been working on the site for over two years at this
point to provide the best-researched, most comprehensive site on bottle identification
that is currently available.

The site is sponsored by the BLM and is on their server (as permanently as the
government will allow).  The web address is:

http://www.blm.gov/historic_bottles/index.htm

I have been privileged to help review the work and have acted as a consultant.
Although I cannot claim a lack of bias, I am very impressed with both the
thoroughness of Lindsey's reasearch and the quality of his presentation.  The site is
presently incomplete and will probably continue as an ongoing project.

Bill

Bill Lockhart
New Mexico State University
Alamogordo, NM